Wear a little bit of whimsy with this comet wax seal necklace, the comet with its tail is surrounded by the sentiment HEREBY HANGS A TALE.
The words are a bit of a challenge to read.
I'm really not sure if this is a comet with its tail or a shooting star trailing a plume of vapor or fire
- symbolism -
Comets are somewhat common in heraldry but their meaning is unknown.
This one, surrounded by the words HEREBY HANGS A TALE suggests there's a story to tell. I sense a bit of gossip?
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
- pictured next to a US dime and one inch ruler for scale
Impressed from a Victorian era, 1860 - 1890, clear glass block wax seal.
Find more chains here.
William Tassie identifies this intaglio seal as a comet, #241 in his collection - A Catalogue of that part of Mr. William Tassie's extensive collection of impressions ...
Impressed with history!