Wear a little bit of whimsy with this comet wax seal necklace, the comet surrounded by the words HEREBY HANGS A TALE. I sense a bit of gossip? Do you, or someone you know, have a story to tell?
- description -
A comet, or blazing star, with its tail soars in the center surrounded by the words HEREBY HANGS A TALE but they are a bit of a challenge to read.
- symbolism -
Comets are somewhat common in heraldry but their meaning is unknown.
Hand cast from a Victorian era, 1860 - 1890, clear glass block wax seal that was likely once part of a set.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
- pictured next to an old US dime
Impressed with history!