witch wax seal necklace - all have their hobbies - wax seal jewelry
More bewitching witch wax seal jewelry! A little oval witch wax seal necklace pendant, the witch wearing her cape and conical hat, raising her hammer and flying on her broomstick surrounded by the sentiment ALL HAVE THEIR HOBBIES.
Notice the gorgeous impression of the faceted amethyst surrounding the image of the witch on the charm. The witch image on this charm is very small because of the way it was carved in the center of the faceted stone on the original fob seal.
The raised hammer is likely in reference to Mallevs Maleficarvm or Malleus Maleficarum, possibly Latin which translates to The Hammer of Witches, a book completed in 1486 about detecting and punishing witches.
- approximate measurement - between 1/2" and 5/8" from top to bottom and 5/8" in width (15mm x 17mm) - this is the smallest of the witch wax seal pendants
- the words are very small on the wax seal necklace charm
- shown with a US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a fabulous antique Victorian era (1837 - 1901) faceted amethyst fob seal, depicted in the photos but not available for purchase.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Find more witch wax seal jewelry here.
Impressed with history!