In harmony, two turtle doves wax seal necklace, celebrating friendship ... friendship wax seal jewelry. The turtle doves are billing under a crown-like wreath and the French sentiment L'AMITIE which translates FRIENDSHIP.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a dove is symbolic of loving constancy and peace. Turtle doves are a symbol of friendship and love. The crown is symbolic of loyalty. Keep one, and give the other to a very special person. As long as each of you has your turtle dove, you will be friends forever.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x just over 1/2” (16mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small antique French fob wax seal.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!