In harmony, two turtle doves billing wax seal necklace, celebrating friendship ... friendship wax seal jewelry.
- description -
Two turtle doves billing under a crown-like wreath and the French word L'AMITIE which translates FRIENDSHIP.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a dove is symbolic of loving constancy and peace. Turtle doves are a symbol of friendship and love. Keep one, and give the other to a very special person. As long as each of you has your turtle dove, you will be friends forever.
Hand cast from a small antique French fob wax seal as shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x just over 1/2” (16mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
The two turtle doves crest has been adopted by several surnames: Burgace and its variations: Burgass, Burgas, Burgase, as well as, Conran, M'Kowan, Reidheugh, and Rodick.
Impressed with history!