Two hearts joined by a serpent or snake wax seal necklace ... in agreement.
- description -
Two shiny hearts connected or joined by a serpent, or snake, above the Italian sentiment CONCORDEMENTE which translates IN AGREEMENT.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hearts are symbolic of love, charity and sincerity and the serpent/snake represents eternity.
Hand cast from an antique Georgian fob wax seal, which dates back to 1820.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x just over 3/4" (16mm x 19mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!