tree of life wax seal necklace - medieval wax seal jewelry
Stand sure with this post medieval flowering tree of life wax seal necklace pendant, the tree with tiny flowers, possibly cherry blossoms, growing from an interlacing root system that appears to be overlapping infinity symbols. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a tree is a symbol of strength, knowledge, antiquity and also life and the mystical connection of the earth with heaven and the underworld.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" (18mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and one inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from a post medieval wax seal, which dates back to the 16th century.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!
A similar seal was found in the UK and can be seen at the West Bekshire Museum, acquired by the museum after being declared Treasure