Stand sure with this post medieval flowering tree of life wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
A tree with tiny flowers, possibly cherry blossoms, growing from an interlacing root system that appears to be overlapping infinity symbols.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a tree is symbolic of strength, knowledge, antiquity and also life and the mystical connection of the earth with heaven and the underworld.
Hand cast from a post medieval wax seal, which dates back to the 17th century.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" in width (18mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!
A similar seal was found in the UK and can be seen at the West Bekshire Museum, acquired by the museum after being declared Treasure