Remember a departed loved one with a sentimental wax seal necklace with the words THO LOST TO SIGHT TO MEMORY DEAR ... meaningful memorial wax seal jewelry
- symbolism -
People have worn mourning jewelry for centuries, as a touchstone to remember a departed loved one. Just think, someone used this wax seal with sealing wax to seal notes and correspondence after a meaningful loss.
Hand cast from a Victorian era (1837 - 1901) glass block wax seal, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" by almost 3/4" (17mm x 18mm)
- shown with a 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout. the chain will be shiny silver unless you specify by note that you'd prefer an oxidized chain, as shown in the 4th and 7th photos.
more chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs found here.
Pearls are full of symbolism, often varying by period and culture, and in Victorian England they were symbolic of tears. If you'd like to add a pearl to your necklace you can find it here.
In the last photograph I've gathered some gorgeous sentimental wax seal charms. You can find this forget me not charm here, and while I have several forget me nots I selected this one because I like to think it's shedding a tear, off to the right, though it may be shedding a petal.
The weeping willow tree shading an urn sitting on top of the REMEMBER ME plinth can be found here.
The ouroborus split ring charm holder signifies infinity and the cycle or birth and death. It is not yet available but it might be soon!
Impressed with history!