A dog clip charm holder, or swivel lock fob holder, for your wax seal necklace charms, available in silver, oxidized or gold ... reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a swivel dog clip that was attached to a short chain attached to a waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
The swivel dog clip charm holder opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (22mm x 7.5mm)
- ring opening - approximately 3mm - 3.5mm
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select silver with shiny, lightly oxidized, a darker oxidation or 14k gold vermeil finish - as photographed from left to right
- the dog clip will hold up to 2 - 3 wax seal necklace charms
- listing is for one dog clip charm holder
- wax seal charms sold separately
- photographed next to a US dime for scale
The gold vermeil finish - gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
Have a little fun and link them together to create an interesting bracelet, shown in the third and fourth photos. You can even add charms and change it up as often as you desire.
Shown is a 7 1/4" bracelet made with 9 swivel fobs. Adding one more swivel fob will make an 8" bracelet.
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!