A sterling silver swivel fob, or dog clip, wax seal charm catcher holder, reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a fob swivel dog clip that was attached to a short chain attached to a waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
The swivel fob holder opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (22mm x 7.5mm)
- ring opening - approximately 3mm - 3.5mm
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select shiny or antiqued oxidized finish
- the dog clip will hold up to 2 - 3 wax seal charms
- listing is for one swivel fob charm catcher
- wax seal charms sold separately
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
Have a little fun and link them together to create an interesting bracelet, shown in the third and fourth photos. You can even add charms and change it up as often as you desire.
Shown is a 7 1/4" bracelet made with 9 swivel fobs. Adding one more swivel fob will make an 8" bracelet.
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!