A snail is ALLWAYS AT HOME wax seal necklace pendant.
What a wonderful sentiment that can be interpreted in so many wonderful ways!
- description -
A cute snail is poking its head from its shell, under the words ALLWAYS AT HOME.
In the US, we spell it ALWAYS but in Victorian England it was spelled ALLWAYS.
The words are a little challenging to read.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the snail symbolizes deliberation and perseverance.
Hand cast from a Victorian fob seal, dating back to 1837 - 1901, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - almost 5/8” (15mm x 14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!