A wonderful skull wax seal necklace ... meaningful memento mori wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality, a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” x 1/2" (14mm x 13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
- if you prefer an oxidized chain please add a note to your order at checkout
Hand crafted from a gorgeous Victorian era bloodstone signet ring, that dates back to 1870 and shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
Find the skull wax seal necklace charms in the last photos here.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!