A sweet skull necklace from an antique skull signet ring... memento mori
It's a captivating treasure reminding us that death comes to all living things. Stunning historic fine silver wax seal jewelry.
You could leave life right now... let that determine what you do and say and think ~ Aurelius
- description -
A simple skull... with an upside down heart shaped nose.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull symbolizes mortality and is a reminder that life is short so make now matter.
Hand cast from a gorgeous Victorian era bloodstone signet ring, that dates back to 1870 and shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” x 1/2" (14mm x 13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime which is the same size as a current dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!