A shamrock wax seal necklace pendant, the shamrock, a three leafed clover, is the flower or badge of Ireland, and often represents St. Patrick's day. Irish wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
Legend says that each leaf of the clover has meaning:
the first is for hope, the second for faith and the third for love.
In heraldry, the shamrock represents perpetuity... lasting forever or a very long time!
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small antique 1900’s wax seal fob that was part of an English wax seal set called
THE GEORGIAN SEALING SET. The last two photos depict one of these wax sealing sets.
Impressed with history!