Inspired by the natural beauty of the puka shells found scattered on the shoreline, I have taken their beauty a step further to create this wonderfully simple spiral sterling silver puka shell necklace pendant ... jewelry found between the tides.
- description -
The puka shell is a beach worn piece of a cone shell, naturally occurring with a beautiful spiral leading to a hole in the center of the shell fragment ... the smoothing of the broken shell fragment is the result of being tossed and tumbled by the tides and waves.
- symbolism -
Legend has it that wearing a puka shell ensures a peaceful and safe voyage.
- approximate measurement - large 5/8" (15mm), medium 1/2" (12mm)
- puka shell metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and a one inch ruler for scale
- puka shell charm only, necklace chain shown sold separately here
- select puka shell size large or medium
Hand cast in sterling silver from puka shells I picked up between the tides in Puerto Rico.
Find more chains here.
Find tiny puka shell earrings here.
Impressed with history!