Inspired by the natural beauty of the puka shells found scattered on the shoreline, I have taken their beauty a step further to create this wonderfully rustic sterling silver puka shell necklace pendant.
- description -
The puka shell is a beach worn piece of a cone shell, naturally occurring with a beautiful spiral leading to a hole in the center of the shell fragment... the smoothing of the broken shell fragment is the result of being tossed and tumbled by the tides and waves.
- symbolism -
Legend has it that wearing a puka shell ensures a peaceful and safe voyage.
Hand cast in sterling silver from a puka shell I picked up along the shores of Puerto Rico.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" (15mm)
- puka shell metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer a shiny chain to the oxidized (antiqued) chain shown in the photos, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!