Need a hand? This little hand is holding an ouroboros split ring - a snake eating its own tail ... wonderful just as it is or put it to work holding your wax seal necklace charms - as a charm catcher, charm holder.
- description -
A lightly brushed solid sterling silver hand is holding the little ouroborus snake serpent split ring. The necklace chain threads through the top of the solid sterling silver hand, with a detailed front and back - see the photos.
This chain shown fits easily through the hole at the top - it's an oxidized cable chain with a spring ring clasp. If you prefer a shiny, not oxidized, chain please leave a note at checkout.
*If you don't order the chain when you order the hand I would recommend a chain with a loop size 2mm or smaller as the hole is small.
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewellery/jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
An ancient symbol, the ouroboros signifies infinity and the cycle of life and death.
- hand measurement - 1"x just over 1/4" (25mm x 9mm)
- ouroboros measurement - 3/4" (18mm)
- total charm holder approximate length - almost 1 1/2" long (37mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- listing is for one hand holding ouroboros
- the tiny skull wax seal charm is sold separately
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry