fleur de lis wax seal necklace - wax seal jewelry
A classic motif, the fleur de lis wax seal necklace pendant. Classic sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In French, fleur means flower and lis means lily and the fleur de dis was a symbol of French royalty.
In heraldry, the stylized lily has three leaves which denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively.
It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (18 mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an ornate antique desk wax seal.
Find the gold fleur de lis wax seal necklace here.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!