A classic motif, the fleur de lis wax seal necklace pendant. Classic sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In French, fleur means flower and lis means lily and the fleur de dis was a symbol of French royalty.
In heraldry, the stylized lily has three leaves which denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively.
It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (18 mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an ornate antique desk wax seal.
Impressed with history!