Perfectly wicked witch wax seal jewelry! A bewitched witch wax seal necklace pendant, the little witch is wearing her conical hat and raising her hammer while flying on her broomstick surrounded by the sentiment WE ALL HAVE OUR HOBBYS ... whimsical spooky season jewelry
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 5/8" (16mm)
- the words are small and some are hard to read on the wax seal necklace charm
- shown with US dime and one inch ruler for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Victorian era (1837 - 1901) small desk wax seal.
The hammer is likely in reference to Mallevs Maleficarvm or Malleus Maleficarum, Latin which translates to The Hammer of Witches.
The last two photos depict a black wax seal on a letter dated 6 July, 1824, addressed to an Isaac Hindley (I believe he was a magistrate) at Gray's Inn Coffee House in London, with a witch on her broomstick and the sentiment ALL HAVE THEIR HOBBIES … very similar to this seal.
Impressed with history!