A spooky scaredy cat necklace charm ... whimsical spooky season Halloween jewelry.
In Halloween cat pose ... a cat with an arched back, fur standing up on end, straight legs standing tall and eyes big and round ... it's the look of a startled or frightened cat but did you know that the cat arches its back to make itself look taller? By looking larger the cat is hoping to threaten whatever has startled him or her in an attempt to make the threat retreat.
- cat charm size - 5/8" including attached loop x 3/8" (17mm x 8mm) x 1/32" thick (3mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- I'm not sure I can call it a 3D charm but it is solid, not flat or hollow on the backside - see video
- photographed with an old US dime and inch ruler for scale
- listing is for the cat pendant charm only, shown on an oxidized sterling silver cable chain which is sold separately here.
- please note the 4th picture depicts a shiny black cat that is also available
- at checkout select the original cat (as depicted in all other photos) or the black cat (4th photo)
I’ve sand cast a vintage 1950's - 1960's Halloween scaredy cat cupcake topper, or pick, then cleaned the casting up to make a pendant, had it lost wax cast in sterling silver and finished it up with this nicely textured oxidized finish.
Hand crafted jewelry when how it's made matters.
Impressed with history!
©2023 suegray jewelry