An anchor and ship wax seal necklace pendant ... the sun shines over a bird perched upon an anchor leaning against a rock and there's a ship setting sail in the distance all under the sentiment HOPE.
The anchor with the ship sends the message that the hope of return takes the sting from adieu.
Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope ... it represents a stability in the storms of life.
"A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope" ~ Greek philosopher Epictetus
- approximate measurement - 7/8" x just over 1" wide (21mm x 28mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Victorian fob wax seal that dates back to 1875.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!