A wonderfully rustic skull wax seal necklace depicting a skull and crossbones above the Latin word FUIT which translates WAS.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - almost 5/8” (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
- if you prefer an antiqued (oxidized) chain please note at checkout
Hand crafted from an 18th century red wax seal impression of a skull above crossbones.
The last photo depicts the matching earrings. Find the matching earrings here.
And find the skull wax seal jewelry found in the last photos here.
Impressed with history!