Well paired and wonderfully rustic skull wax seal earrings depicting a skull and crossbones above the Latin word FUIT which translates WAS.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- ear wires - sterling silver
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- remember to use the little ear plugs when wearing the earrings so they don't slip out of your ears - earring security
Hand crafted from an 18th century red wax seal impression of a skull above crossbones.
Find the matching necklace here.
Impressed with history!