Celebrate friendship with a delicate little greyhound dog wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
A proud and faithful greyhound dog sitting next to a monument, on which sits a tiny hourglass but it's very small and hard to see, surrounded by the French sentiment LE TEMPS PASSE L'AMITIE RESTE which translates TIME PASSES BUT THE FRIENDSHIP REMAINS but the tiny words are very difficult/impossible to read, even with a magnifying glass.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the dog has always been a symbol of courage, vigilance and loyalty and often called mans best friend.
Hand cast from an antique French miniature seal set that dates back to 1819 - 1838.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!