A sunset wax seal necklace pendant that says I WILL RETURN, the sun setting over the ocean with the French sentiment JE REVIENDRAI which translates I WILL RETURN. There is little in nature as beautiful as the sunset with the unspoken promise that the sun will rise again. It would make a lovely friendship gift. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the sun is symbolic of glory and splendor and the fountain of life!
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (15mm x 14mm)
- the words are quite small and difficult to read
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian (1840) wax seal that's part of a romantic handcrafted turned ivory stacking tower of glass intaglio seals. The last photos depict the wax seal set and wax seal necklace charms made from the wax seals in the set.
This wax seal and sentiment always makes me think of the beautiful poem THE LETTER from Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855):
in part -
Her eye a moment met
Th'impending picture, then it fell
Darkened and dimmed and wet.
A moment more, her task is done,
And sealed the letter lies;
And now, towards the setting sun
She turns her tearful eyes.
Impressed with history!