A thoughtful gift before going away or for one going away, scissors wax seal necklace pendant with the words WE PART TO MEET AGAIN and just like scissor blades, which part and come back together, we part to meet again.
*the words a a little challenging to read.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" x 5/8" (18mm x 15mm)
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.999 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from an antique watch fob wax seal, from 1890, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
More chains are available here.
Impressed with history!
"O Susan, Susan, lovely dear,
My vows shall ever true remain;
Let me kiss off that falling tear;
We only part to meet again.
Change as ye list, ye winds; my heart shall be
The faithful compass that still points to thee.”
~ Verse from “Black Eyed Susan” ~ John Gay (1685 - 1732)