Borrowing from history, a sterling silver ouroboros snake split ring, to suspend from a chain and gather your favorite charms, or to wear as is.
- description -
A nicely detailed scaly serpent snake eating its tail - the ouroboros - creating a split ring where the snake mouth and tail overlap.
Notice the detail on both the front and back side of the charm (the last photo depicts the back side). The serpent is solid, not hollow.
Snake, or serpent, jewelry was very popular in the 19th century and was symbolic of eternity.
An ancient symbol, the ouroboros signifies infinity and the cycle of life and death.
The original antique 19th century ouroboros was gold and is depicted in the 2nd photo but that one is not available for purchase.
- ouroboros size - 3/4" (18mm)
- photographed with an old US dime and a US 1" for scale
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- metal - sometimes available in solid 14k gold (photos 5 & 6)
- listing is for one ouroboros split ring
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry