dog clip - silver watch swivel lock clasp charm holder
A dog clip charm holder, or swivel lock fob holder, for your wax seal necklace charms sterling silver, available shiny or with an antiqued oxidized finish ... reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a swivel dog clip that was attached to a short chain attached to a waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
The swivel dog clip charm holder opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (22mm x 7.5mm)
- ring opening - approximately 3mm - 3.5mm
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select shiny silver or with an antiqued oxidation finish
- the dog clip will hold up to 2 - 3 wax seal necklace charms
- listing is for one dog clip charm holder and the charms are sold separately here:
the memento mori charm or the smaller skull charm
- photographed next to a US dime and a one inch ruler for scale
Have a little fun and link them together to create an interesting bracelet, shown in the last photo. You can even add charms and change it up as often as you desire.
Shown is a 7 1/4" bracelet made with 9 swivel fobs. Adding one more swivel fob will make an 8" bracelet.
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!