Here's a wonderful piece of history for the poetry enthusiast... a small but detailed Lord Byron profile wax seal necklace pendant.
Born George Gordon Byron in London on January 22, 1788 he became Lord Byron at age 10, the sixth Baron Byron of Rochdale, in 1798 after the death of his great-uncle.
Of special note here, he enjoyed the role of a nobleman and his coat of arms with its mermaid and chestnut horses surmounting the Latin motto CREDE BYRON which translates TRUST BYRON.
Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. ~ Lord Byron
- description -
The profile of Lord Byron, looking left, under his surname Lord Byron.
- symbolism -
Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), was a flamboyant and notorious British romantic poet leading the romantic movement and also an English nobleman and politician.
Hand cast from an antique Victorian trinket wheel wax seal, which dates back to 1837 - 1901.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as todays dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!
Life's enchanted cup sparkles near the brim. ~ Lord Byron