Step back in time with a really interesting wax seal necklace with Victorian era symbolism not often seen today, a YOUR's &c wax seal necklace, historic wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
YOUR'S &c was once a common valediction, closing salutation or complimentary close in letter writing, a way to end a letter on behalf of yourself and others.
&c is a Latin, or Roman depending on the source, abbreviation for et cetera or etc.
I've included some photos with the YOUR'S &c valediction examples used in the 1807 Chesterfields LETTER WRITER and complete book of etiquette.
Hand cast from a 19th century wax seal fob, shown in the photograph but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" by 1/2” (16mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
more chains and charm holders available here.
Impressed with history!