Time flies so seize the day with a winged hourglass wax seal necklace pendant, the hourglass under the Latin sentiment CARPE DIEM which translates SEIZE THE DAY ... meaningful antique wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hourglass depicted with wings is a symbol that human existence is fleeting, and that the "sands of time" will run out for every human life. Make now matter!
The hourglass, or sandglass, has long been a device used to measure time with evidence dating back to the 8th century and in heraldry it is symbolic of the flight of time and mortality. Time flies!
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- the words are delicately engraved on the antique seal making them very hard to read on the finished silver wax seal charm
- photographed with a US dime and inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from a colorful antique glass multiple wax seal set, that dates back to the Georgian era (1714 - 1830).
If you prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!