Offering swiftness and protection, an inspirational wing wax seal necklace pendant. The wing, under a crescent moon, is flanked between two stars, all within an armorial shield. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
“True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings.” ~ William Shakespeare
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the wing is symbolic of swiftness and protection. Even today, a wing represents under one’s wing which means under one’s protection or in one’s care.
The crescent moon is symbolic of one who has been honored by the sovereign and hope of greater glory.
The five pointed stars symbolize celestial goodness, excellence and a noble person.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” width (17mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique, circa 1860, wax seal fob that once belonged to French family of nobility.
Impressed with history!