A lovely weeping willow wax seal necklace, the weeping willow so easily recognizable with its rounded, drooping branches and elongated leaves is so rich in meaningful symbolism.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the weeping willow tree is symbolic of pliancy; serenity and friendship; patience and perseverance.
The weeping willow often represents weeping, grief, sorrow and mourning. Its drooping branches conveys a picture of the grief felt for the loss of the departed.
It is also said that the weeping willow represents balance, learning, growth, harmony, and also strength, stability, with the structure of the trunk standing firm, withstanding the greatest of challenges.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) gold watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4" by 5/8“ (19mm x 15mm)
- shown with a 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!