Wind it back in time a bit and add this ornate letter S SAMUEL antique bronze pocket watch key necklace pendant! It makes a fabulous necklace charm, alone or as part of a layered necklace look and can even be added to your own charm necklace.
This is an advertising watch key, to advertise the watchmaker H. Samuel on 97 Market Street in Manchester, England.
- approximate measurement - 1 1/2" x 1/2” (38mm x 13mm)
- key metal - bronze
- select key with or without extra jump ring
- chain shown - an antique brass satellite chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select necklace length or charm only
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
The watch key has been reproduced from my collection of interesting novelty watch keys but it is not meant to wind your pocket watch since the replica key hole size may be off.
A watch key, or key wind, was necessary to wind the watch and to set the movements. The sizes of the watch keys varied, and were made to fit the square shaft in the pocket watch to wind the watch, and the styles varied, some were no more than functional and some were fabulously ornate.
Impressed with history!