A symbol of extreme courage, virtue and strength, a unicorn wax seal necklace pendant... impressed from an antique Victorian era wax seal to create meaningful and symbolic wax seal jewelry.
- description -
The unicorn is a fabled animal having the head and body of a horse but with a twisted horn issuing from the middle of the forehead. It has the legs and cloven hoofs of a buck, a lions tail, and a goat's beard. You see it on the seal of the Royal arms of England.
- symbolism -
In heraldry the unicorn is symbolic of extreme courage, purity, virtue and strength.
Hand cast from a Victorian era (1837 - 1901) intaglio seal that has sadly been removed from its original fob casing, likely to be melted for its gold value.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” x almost 5/8" (16mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!