two lovebirds love knot wax seal necklace - the further apart the tigh
The further apart the tighter the knot says the two little lovebirds tying a love knot wax seal necklace pendant. The birds, each holding an end of line in their beaks, are tying a love knot as one flies away from the other who sits firmly atop a rock, with a ship in the distance, with the French sentiment LE PLUS LOIN LE PLUS SERRE which translates THE FURTHER APART THE TIGHTER THE KNOT or THE FARTHER WE FLY THE FASTER WE TYE.
The love knot is symbolic of love and friendship, and represents the unbreakable bond and eternal connection between two lovers, with each holding an end of the line knowing that the knot becomes tighter as the two ends become further apart.
Sentimental wax seal jewelry.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 1/2" (17mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- the words are small and hard to read on the small charm
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Georgian era gilded intaglio fob wax seal, that dates to the early 1800’s.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
If you prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
More ship wax seal jewelry is available here.
The sea serpent charm holder is available here.
Impressed with history!