The further apart the tighter the knot ... says the two little lovebirds tying a love knot wax seal necklace pendant with the french sentiment LE PLUS LOIN LE PLUS SERRE... a sentiment that rings true this time of year and always.
- description -
Two little lovebirds, each holding an end of line in their beaks, tying a love knot as one flies away from the other who sits firmly atop a rock, with a ship in the distance. This surrounded by the French sentiment LE PLUS LOIN LE PLUS SERRE which translates THE FURTHER APART THE TIGHTER THE KNOT or THE FARTHER WE FLY THE FASTER WE TYE.
Please note, the words are hard to read on the small charm.
Hand cast from an antique Georgian era gilded intaglio fob wax seal, that dates to the early 1800’s and shown in the photographs.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 1/2" (17mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
The sea serpent charm holder is available here.
Impressed with history!