Wear a classic, a Victorian Grand Tour classic, the Three Graces wax seal necklace pendant... classical wax seal jewelry.
The Three Graces, also known as Charities, are considered to be the personifications of beauty, charm and grace meant to inspire others to seek wisdom, love, culture, creativity and generosity.
A lovely gift idea for three sisters.
- description -
In Greek mythology, the three graces were daughters of Zeus and the sea nymph Eurynome. They are three eternally young, beautiful women gracefully dancing or gently frolicking while holding onto each other’s arms, hands, shoulders, necks, or waists. They were meant to provide creative inspiration and fill the world with pleasant moments and goodwill. They were the personification of knowledge and the arts, especially literature, dance and music.
- symbolism -
The three graces - Aglaia, Thalia, and Euphrosyne - representing beauty, charm and creativity.
- approximate measurement - 1” x 7/8" (25mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Georgian Era (1714–1830 ) carnelian intaglio fob wax seal.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!