Wear a classic with this Three Graces wax seal necklace. The Three Graces, also known as Charities, are considered to be the personifications of beauty, charm and grace meant to inspire others to seek wisdom, love, culture, creativity and generosity. Lovely gift for three sisters!
- description -
In Greek mythology, the three graces were daughters of Zeus and the sea nymph Eurynome. They are three eternally young, beautiful women gracefully dancing or gently frolicking while holding onto each other’s arms, hands, shoulders, necks, or waists. They were meant to provide creative inspiration and fill the world with pleasant moments and goodwill. They were the personification of knowledge and the arts, especially literature, dance and music.
- symbolism -
The three graces - Aglaia, Thalia, and Euphrosyne - symbolize beauty, charm and grace.
Hand cast from a Georgian Era basalt intaglio fob wax seal, that dates back to 1780, so beautiful I've included it in the photos but it is not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 1" x 7/8” (25mm x 21mm)
- photographed next to 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!