Brighten your day with a radiant sun wax seal necklace pendant with the intention NOTHING NEW UNDER the sun. The words NOTHING NEW sit under the sun and the words and picture combined send a message and create a rebus seal. Wax seal jewelry with a message.
To the Victorian women composing a letter that was sealed with the nothing new (under the sun) wax seal, it was code for the fact that everything that is happening now has happened before.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x a little more than 5/8" (16mm x 17mm)
- the words NOTHING NEW are small and faint, really hard to read on the charm
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the chain length or the charm only at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian Era (1837 - 1901) glass block wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Find more sun wax seal necklaces here.
And find the serpent hook charm holder here.
Impressed with history!