Brighten your day with a radiant sun wax seal necklace pendant, the sun in its splendor, or glory, sits above a wreath with its typical six twists above a banner within which is the French sentiment J’AVANCE which translates I ADVANCE. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the sun is a symbol of glory and splendor and the fountain of life.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x just over 1/2” (16mm x 15mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the chain length or the charm only at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian era, 1860 - 1890, French intaglio ring.
Find more chains here.
A little tidbit of historical information - it is not improbable that some families have adopted the sun on their coat of arms because of the play on the name... those surnames ending in SON or SEN, for example; Thompson, Johnson, Benson, Pearson, Carlson.
This sort of last name is a patronymic, a surname formed by adding SON to one’s father’s name, and it means SON OF so John Carlson, for example, was John, the son of Carl.
Impressed with history!
PS... the ring is not included.