Keep the faith with this medieval Star of David wax seal necklace. There are clasped hands in the center of the Star of David which is surrounded by the Latin words SE R VA FI D EM (SERVA FIDEM) which translate KEEP THE FAITH
- symbolism -
The Star of David is a hexagram, formed by two intertwined triangles.
Known in Hebrew as the Shield of David, it’s a symbol of Jewish identity and Judaism and is symbolic of divine protection.
The crossed hands symbolize a pledge of faith, sincerity, and justice.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- the Hebrew words are hard to read but the certificate of records has authenticated them
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the chain length or the charm only at checkout
Hand crafted from a 13th - 14th century European medieval wax seal that was a dig find in the UK and has been recorded and catalogued as such.
Impressed with history!