Because everyone needs their own little sterling silver spider, be it a spider necklace or a spider ring.
- description -
The spider, an 8 legged arthropod with fangs capable of injecting venom.
Did you know that the female spider is typically much larger than the male?
It is said that the spider represents a strong feminine energy, creativity, patience, and strength and with 8 legs and a body shaped like the numeral 8, the spider is symbolic of infinity.
I’ll be hanging a little spider on my Christmas tree for good luck.
The Christmas spider folk tale goes like this … a widowed mother was too poor to afford Christmas tree decorations, so friendly spiders visited and spun elaborate webs on the family evergreen tree.
When the children awoke on Christmas morning and the mother opened the curtains, sunshine hit the webs, turning them silver and gold - this may be the origin of tinsel.
From then on the family celebrated good fortune.
- this listing is for just one little spider
- approximate measurement - almost 1" x 3/4” (25mm x 19mm)
- spider metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
- spider ring - just be aware the little legs can get caught on clothing
- ring band - sterling silver flat wire band 3/32" wide (2mm wide)
- currently only US size 8 is available and because of limited supply, but please do inquire about the availability of other sizes
- spider scatter pin/lapel pin/tie tack has a silver nickel clutch
Handcrafted from an old vintage spider pin from my personal collection.
Impressed with history!