Wear a piece of history with this wax seal necklace depicting a rattlesnake under the famous words DON'T TREAD ON ME.
- description -
A defiant rattlesnake coiled into a figure 8 under a banner with the words DON'T TREAD ON ME though the words are challenging to read because the wax seal from which it was cast is well loved and worn.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the snake symbolizes wisdom.
The snake under the words DON'T TREAD ON ME symbolizes strength, subtle defiance and resistance.
Hand cast from an antique wax seal fob that likely dates back to the 1800's. It’s shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 1” x 7/8” (22mm x 215mm)
- photographed with an old US dime
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!