Encircle your finger with a tiny skull ring, sterling silver memento mori wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- approximate skull measurement - just over 1/4" (8mm x 7mm) tiny!
- shown with a US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- round ring band - 2 mm sterling silver
- select ring size US whole size 3 - 11
- please note that this listing is for one ring and that lovely antique ring box and other trinkets are just a photo props and not included
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates YOU ARE, I WAS, YOU WILL BE.
The antique wheel seal is not available for purchase.
Impressed with history!