Encircle your finger with a small sterling silver skull ring ... memento mori wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate skull measurement - just over 1/4" (10mm x 8mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- ring band - 2mm sterling silver
- note that some ring sizes are available with a thinner (1.2mm) band
- select ring size US whole size 4 - 10
- and if you need a custom half size please include a note when placing your order
- please note that this listing is for one ring and that lovely antique ring box is just a photo prop and not included
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE.
Impressed with history!