A wonderfully textured skull ring, with a nose shaped like an upside down heart and a few gapped teeth ... meaningful memento mori jewelry
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- skull face measurement - 1/2" x 5/8” width (12mm x 16mm)
- ring band width - 3/16" (4.4mm)
- shown with a US dime for scale
- ring metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select ring size - availability shown in the drop down box
- not all sizes are available but please contact me if you need something different and we'll see what we can do
Hand carved from a chunk of wax and lost wax cast in sterling silver, then finished with a nice patina to highlight the texture. Each ring texture will vary wonderfully.
Impressed with history!