Soul mates, a sterling silver skull wax seal cuff bracelet - meaningful memento mori wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- approximate wax seal measurement - 1/4" (7-8mm)
- bracelet metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- cuff bracelet inside diameter 2 3/16" (55mm) across
- cuff opening - 1" (26mm)
- cuff wire thickness - 4/32" (4mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
Hand crafted from a beautiful gemstone wheel wax seal, that dates back to the Georgian era (1714 - 1830) and shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
Impressed with history!