A skull and wings wax seal charm necklace that was inspired by the beautiful old stone carvings on the gravestones in historic cemeteries back in the 1700's.
- description -
The wings wax seal charm and the skull wax seal charm are connected with one ring and suspended on the chain as one.
If you'd prefer each of the charms on separate rings please let me know at checkout.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the wings symbolize swiftness and protection.
The skull is symbolic of mortality.
Memento mori, a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - wings 3/4” (19mm), skull 3/8” (10mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for size reference
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
- if you prefer an oxidized chain please note at checkout
The wings wax seal charm was hand cast from a lovely bronze antique armorial wax seal and the tiny skull from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830).
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Find the skull wax seal necklace charms in the last photos here.
Impressed with history!