skull and crossbones surrounded by ouroboros wax seal necklace
A meaningful skull and crossbones surrounded by the ouroboros wax seal necklace pendant, memento mori wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
The ouroboros, a snake devouring its tail, represents eternity, wholeness, and the circle of life.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” (21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an 1880 black onyx swivel fob wax seal, shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Find more skull wax seal jewelry here.
Impressed with history!