A coffin shaped skeleton signet ring, to adorn your finger and to seal your letters in wax ... meaningful memento mori jewelry and whimsigoth jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skeleton is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- coffin shaped skeleton measurement - 3/4" x just over 1/4” width (20mm x 8mm)
- tapered ring band width - 1/4" (6mm) at widest
- ring metal - solid sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select ring size - 6 - 11
- if your preferred ring size shows sold out please select the last option "made to order" and let me know your ring size 6 - 11 and I will make it for you
- made to order rings will take up to 4 - 5 weeks before shipping
The skeleton was impressed into the wax from an antique wax seal and the ring was then hand carved from a chunk of wax and lost wax cast in sterling silver, then oxidized to highlight the details.
Impressed with history!